Saturday, March 6, 2010

Happily Ever After

Have you ever found a place in your life where you honestly can't remember being any more happy?

Have you ever felt like a broken record while praying at night, thanking the Lord for all the blessing you enjoy...and then listing them...all of them...and them being the same as the night before, and the night before that, and the night before that?

Have you ever had more struggles to experience all at once than in your entire life put together and still feel more happy than you have ever felt?

Have you ever witnessed the Lord's hand in your life everywhere you look?

I have.

Doctrine and Covenants 58:4 For after much tribulation come the blessings...

Ether 12:6 ...for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith.

Doctrine and Covenants 98:3 ...and all things wherewith you have been afflicted shall work together for your good...

Throughout the trials I have experienced as of late, I have turned to the words of the Lord to find comfort. Along with comfort I have gained an amazing testimony of the importance, even the necessity of trials in our lives. Without trials...UNFORTUNATELY...we cannot know the joys. And while the trials may seem to take over my life, they are but a small part of the joy I feel each and every day. At times I like to let my trials give me reason to pity myself. But overwhelmingly more often I am flooded with blessings I cannot begin to express gratitude for.

I love my life. I am living happily ever after!

1 comment: