Tuesday, March 16, 2010

i MIGHT be a bad mom

So we are dog sitting for friends this week. Sunday afternoon Derek took the dog out for a potty break and Peyson went too. I came to see what they were doing and found my cute little boy traipsing through the puddles in our back yard.
He was actually for the most part, avoiding the big puddles, that is, until I encouraged him to run right through them. So he did.
One of our neighbors was out having a smoke and seamed concerned that Peyson was playing in the puddles...(like that is anything harmful compared to the cigarette he was holding)
I muttered under my breath something like-I'm not a bad mom, every kid loves running through mud puddles. I'm so cool!
Peyson's shoes were soaked! And STINKY! Missouri mud is the worst!
The next morning I woke up to a very strange noise...it didn't sound like the dog...wait...was that my kid? Yep...so me being the coolest mom ever...lead to my poor baby waking up to the ickiest croup like cough ever! Ok, ok...so maybe letting Peyson run through the puddles in 40* weather wasn't the best thing to do. I MIGHT be a bad mom
Don't worry...his cough went away before the day was through...

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Definitely not a bad mom...just the coolest mom ever!!! I was going to tell you that the next time I saw you :)

K.E.N said...

If that makes YOU a bad mom, then it also makes ME a bad mom. I'm all about running through puddles.