Monday, April 26, 2010

Buy Some Popsicles

I heard Peyson crying early this morning and my eyes said, "no..can't get up..." I looked at the clock and it said 6:30. I was not about to get up and figured Peyson could entertain himself for at least 30 more minutes as he does most mornings. So I rolled back over and tried to get comfortable. I heard Derek coming up the stairs and really didn't want him getting Peyson out and rushing in to wake me up. He opened Peyson's door and said, "oh, you're sick." I wondered how he knew just by looking that he was sick. Then the rest of the comment, "you have puke all in your hair."

I got up and started stripping the bed. Derek put him in the shower. That is our system. I clean what has been puked on because I don't have to touch it. Derek washes the baby because he does have to touch it. :)

I hate so much having a sick baby. He really can't tell me what is wrong or where it hurts. He won't eat and hardly drinks. He just lays on the couch looking so sad and lifeless. On the other hand, he is much more cuddly. Not for long, but in short moments he needs the comfort of his mommy's arms. And I love more than anything giving that to him.

Hope he gets better soon. I love my cuddles. But I love the crazy that my baby is. And crazy means healthy. I'll take that any day.

1 comment:

Tara said...

I'm sorry. It's always tuff when you're little ones get sick! I wish I had some great insight but I have been lucky enough that my 3 year old hasn't been sick like that before. I hope he gets better!