Saturday, April 17, 2010

Temporary Home

Have you heard this song?
Every time I hear it I cry. When I am alone in the car I sing along like I'm the one that sings it, (i'm not that good...that's why i do it when i'm alone) but I never make it through the whole song. Tears blur my eyes (i know...not good while driving) and my emotions get the best of me. I try to picture each situation like it was my own, and I can't help but hurt for these people, I know they are out there somewhere. A foster child being recycled through the system over and over, a single mother trying to make a life for her child, an old man ready to leave this life for another, leaving his family behind.
I have never had to experience such extreme circumstances, and even still I hurt when I think about them. While my tears fall, I always think about the atonement and how grateful I am that it has been put in place to help heal all hurting hearts. I am grateful to know that while we will at times suffer in this life, we don't have to do it alone. The sacrifice has been made for us. All we have to do is turn to the Savior and let him lift us.
We will experience joy, and we will experience struggles. And while we have the opportunity to feel God's love, one day, we will be called back to him, we will be able to know Him. We will be made whole. We will no longer have to hurt.
But for now, in our temporary home, I find comfort in knowing that I am not alone.

No comments: