Tuesday, April 6, 2010

One...Two...I Don't Need You

Do you ever find yourself wishing time away?

*I can't wait until my baby can sit up...
*I can't wait for my baby to crawl...
*Please just walk already...
*It is so much easier when my baby can get his own drink...
*It will be so nice when my baby is potty trained...

I try not to, but I think it's impossible sometimes not to.

I have been noticing lately that Peyson doesn't need me for a lot of things.

When we walk down the stairs I always turn to him and offer my hand...he says...i do it mamma, i do it. He used to cry at the top of the stairs until I helped him down, now he can do it all on his own, with toys in each hand, and his blanket draped over his shoulder.

When it's time to go, he finds his shoes and even puts them on RIGHT(some of the time) all by himself!

When we go outside, I reach for his hand to help him on the cement stairs...not only does he not want my help...he JUMPS down each one.

When we get a package in the mail, he runs to the desk and brings me the scissors:)

When Peyson is thirsty, he goes to the fridge and brings me the gallon of milk with his sippy...i need "morn"...

WhAT hAPPeNED TO mY BAbY?? (ok, ok, i know he needs me still...but i am beginning to feel very useless...i don't know what my new role is...my baby is growing up right in front of my eyes and i can't stop it)

My Peyson is 2 and already my role in his life is lessening:) Time-STOP! Give my baby back!

No comments: