It's funny how one choice can change your life!
A year ago, I made a choice. I thought I had it all figured out. 5months of meds, one month off, then start making babies. It wasn't a bad choice, but a choice none the less.
My choice was to take a break from the big scheme of things and take care of my face. One thing led to another and I landed a not so fun, somewhat permanent dwelling, horizontally on the couch. For months my baby, my house, my husband, and my health were neglected. I was completely debilitated and life as I knew if was gone.
Before I got sick I remember very consistently and very genuinely praying in gratitude for my health and ability to take advantage of my physical capabilities. This experience really taught me how truly grateful I actually am for health and strength.
It really hurt to know that Peyson was taking care of himself at a very important time in his life. It hurt me to know that Derek was being a student all day long, then coming home and playing mommy and daddy and house maid and nurse. It hurt not being able to carry out a normal day in the life of me when I wanted to. I was getting crazy. I needed my life back.
Last week I helped with the fun run. I stood on a corner and helped people turn right. Every person that passed by made me want to run. And every couple that ran by made me want to run with Derek. I have been out of order since July last year. So Monday came and I gave it a try. I ran for an hour. It felt AMAZING! And no pain occupied my head. Today I ran for 30 minutes. Still felt great. Sore, but great.
I have been very tired, and very sore. But I am running. I am running. Look out world. I am back!
5 comments:
YAY!! Glad to hear that you are feeling better :)
So glad you are back :)
Yay! I'm so glad to hear it. Take care of yourself!
congrats!
we tend to blog about the same things once in a while..you have to check my blog out now!
yah for running!
good for you girl. I'm sorry to hear about your hard times, but I'm glad you're on the mend. You have such a great attitude, keep it up!
Post a Comment