Sunday, November 28, 2010

A Blanket of White

Tonight we drove home from our Thanksgiving weekend. We left after dark and it was snowing a little before we left. The roads were mostly fine most of the way, but Logan Canyon was a little iffy. No big deal, we just took it slow. Peyson fell asleep so it was just me and Derek talking as the snow fell peacefully. The walls of the canyon were covered in blankets of perfect white. The headlights on bright brought out the sparkle. We saw deer crossing the road. We saw one car that slid off the side of the road. And we saw a moose. The road was quiet. It was perfect. I was glad it took an extra long time to get through the canyon. I kinda wanted it to last longer. Except for the starving sensation my belly was giving me. We came home to at least 6 inches of snow on the ground. It's still falling. Its beautiful and I love it. It's the world at its best.

No comments: