Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Peyson Was a Dragon

Have you seen How to Train Your Dragon? We have rented it TWICE from redbox. We love it.

I've always wanted to be a really cool mom that makes every holiday super cool. But I am just a lamo and don't have energy to get excited about holidays Peyson doesn't know anything about. He's almost 3 and has never dressed up or ventured out at Halloween. And then there's the ridiculous price tag on any costume! It's so dumb. But Derek found these pjs at WalMart that we decided could pass for a costume...that Peyson would wear...having no idea why he was wearing it...for only $3. That, I could handle. Then I looked on the internet for some face paint ideas to make it more exciting. And this is how it turned out. Here is our "toofuss."

I was very surprised he held still for me to paint is face. And then he got a little obsessive with looking in the mirror at himself. Pretty funny kid. (I guess playing with mom's makeup helped the cause:))

We went to the mall Saturday for trick or treating. We practiced saying it the whole way there...and of course...he never said it once when he was supposed to. He just held his pumpkin up to his face when there was candy in sight. He had a few stare downs as other trick or treaters walked by. And when people commented on his costume he would just growl at them.

Saturday night we went trunk or treating at the church. I walked him around then we opened our trunk and handed out candy. I think he liked that just as much. He had his stash of candy, munching away, and he got to see what everybody else was dressed up as. He would giggle at the ones he really liked.

Now he knows what Halloween is all about. Next year I can't be lamo Laura. I have to get with it. Better find a discounted costume now! :(

3 comments:

Morgan said...

GIRL! MAKE A COSTUME! you don't have to buy it! thats what they want you to think...but his costume was great! you did a good job!
and you don't have to be cool all the time... =)

Stephanie said...

I think that looks awesome! I'm a "lamo," as you call it, too. And, as a rebuttle to Morgan's comment, making costumes (from my experience) is just as much as buying one. But that's a good idea to buy a discounted one now...if only you knew how big he would be next year...

Eva Vaughan said...

Cute Blog Laura. Congrats on having a baby girl so excited for you.