A few months ago I decided to take a look at my life and see who I really was. I observed many acts of love that made me wonder if others saw me in that light. It made me want to be better. So I started taking note of the way I was living and how it affected those around me. I decided that I needed to improve!
I have made a conscious effort every day to be more kind and more patient. I have relied on the Lord to help me do it. It has changed my life. I have noticed that when I treat others with kindness and love, I receive an overwhelming love back. The positives in life are not so hard to find, and the not so positives seam less important, less burdensome, and altogether less visible. Life is good.
With a new found attitude I am able to see how blessed I am and how much love I feel for others, and how absolutely happy I truly am.
I look at my sweet husband, and wonder how I can tell him how much I love him. The words "I love you" seem so inadequate...like it's just not enough. No words can explain how much he means to me.
I look at my sweet little boy. He is growing up so fast. Soon he will be too big to lift and carry. Soon he won't want to be cuddled or loved on. Soon he will be a completely independent child who doesn't need mommy to help with everything. It saddens me to think that Peyson isn't my little baby anymore. With everything he is learning and everything he is able to accomplish, I feel joy, I feel proud. But that means he is growing up and his innocent youth is slipping through my fingers. I yearned for so long to have a little baby come into my life, and now that he's here, time won't stand still.
I love my family so so much. I am so grateful to know that I get to be with them for eternity. Time that we spend on this earth just moves too quickly, eternity is what I need to fully enjoy them.
2 comments:
What a neat way to put it..."I need eternity to fully enjoy them."
That was Stephanie, not Brendon.
Post a Comment