Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I [Heart] My Hair

I have been in the process of growing my hair out since the summer before Peyson was born. I cut it off and liked it for about a week...so basically since I chopped it, it has been growing out.



The time I had extensions in my hair is definitely running a close second, but I have decided this is my favorite "do". The last time I had full bangs was probably 7th grade...you all remember the style...it was like one, big uniform curl across your forehead. Total hotness:)

Anyway, I am loving my hair and actually get excited to fix it every day. And to think it is an end result of a total mess up. I probably shouldn't admit to it, because it is my profession...but it's true. I decided I wanted bangs again...so I got my scissors out and went to work. I think I must have been half asleep...ya, that sounds like a good excuse...we'll go with that:)...because I chopped them so short I looked like a 2nd grader who tried to cut her own hair. I almost cried, I looked like an idiot. So I thought to myself...if I (being the customer) came into a salon needing my hair fixed...what would I (being the cosmetologist) do to fix it? So I started pulling more hair down to lay over the short stupid stuff. I got it all plastered to my head and covered up...but then Derek started picking at it...so I had to run to a mirror and make sure it was still hiding. Then I got the bright idea to pull it to the other side. That was the magic. So for about 2 weeks I wore my hair to the other side until it grew out enough to not be totally dorky.

You wouldn't believe how many compliments I have been given!!! I must say, it does look good. Now I plan on leaving it this short for a while...this time...on purpose:)

2 comments:

Stefany said...

L-O-V-E the hair!!! Way to go!! I think I would have cried if I cut it too short..(which I have indeed done in the past) But you made it look so amazing!! You may have inspired me to go get out my scissors:)...this could be bad!

Julie said...

Laura, Love the bangs, love the hair! I thought something was different. You look beautiful!